Sunday, August 10, 2008
The Power of Friendship
{9:01 PM}


Sometimes, I feel like we can't rely on our friends. Or maybe some of us would say we have the wrong circle of friends.

Actually, what do we expect in a friend? Someone you can trust? Some who shares your joys and your pain? Someone who's there for you whenever you need them. How often does this happen? Not many times, I think. If you read my blog before and run through the archives, you will realise that while I gain a lot of friends, I lose a lot that are important to me.

And no, I'm not pissed off at the moment. As a matter of fact, I'm quite pleased.

However, let's take a look at this.

Sometimes, I feel that even though my offline friends are very much closer to me in distance, I feel they are pretty far in terms of understanding. On the other hand, I have online friends whom I've met through forums, blogs and IRC for example. Which one asks you whenever they notice an unhappy post of yours on the blog?

THE ONLINE ONES.

Sad isn't it? That's because the offline ones don't care. They only start caring after you give them the face or when you cry infront of them. Isn't that a little, too late? The online ones however, spends hours consoling you on MSN or even calls you on the phone and sometimes drops you a SMS just to ask how are you. They even wished they were there with you at your darkest moments.

I dunno. I feel like giving up on my offline friends. Aside from my fabulous five, I cannot think of any other people who are always there for me. I just want you all to know that I love you so much.

Now, some of the reasons that we blog is because we feel empty or feel that we needed an avenue to display our thoughts. Maybe that's why we all started blogging in the first place. Sometimes, the best listeners in the world comes from people who never met you before cause they judge you by the way you present yourself online and not from how you look like.

Also, it's amazing how we make all these contacts. I'm proud to tell all my other friends that my circle of friends comes from all over the world. USA, Romania, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Australia and many more. All made because we all share a common interest. For eg Harry Potter or blogging, we came together because we had something that we love together. Which is an amazing thing. Sometimes, I wish air tickets are so much cheaper so that I can travel anytime at my own convenience.

However, my question to you for now is, when it comes down to the line.

"Offline or Online Friends? Which one matters most to you?"

As for me, I really have no idea. Cause I'm indecisive like that. Tsk tsk.